Friday, July 24, 2020

Expressing Agreement and Disagreement : Pengertian, Contoh

Assalamualaikum warrahmatullahi wabarrakatuh.

Good morning class, How are you today? I hope you are fine there. Let’s continue learning English. “Apa itu agree dan disagree?”, “Apa saja contoh expression of agreement dan disagreement?”, “Bagaimana contoh kalimatnya?” Let’s discuss!

Pengertian Expression of Agree dan Disagree 

Expression of agreement artinya ekspresi atau ungkapan yang menyatakan setuju dengan pendapat orang lain. Expressing agreement berarti mengekspresikan persetujuan.

Expression of disagreement artinya ekspresi atau ungkapan yang menyatakan tidak setuju dengan pendapat orang lain. Expressing disagreement berarti mengekspresikan ketidaksetujuan.

Berikut adalah ungkapan yang digunakan untuk menanyakan seseorang setuju (agree)
atau tidak setuju (disagree):
- Do you think ... ?
- Do you agree with .... ?
- ..... Don't you agree?
- ..... Don't you think so?
- ..... Right?

Expression of Agreement
Ungkapan untuk menyatakan persetujuan :
- I agree.
- I agree with ...
- That's right.
- You are absolutely right
- That’s what I think
- I am of the same opinion
- I couldn’t agree more
- That’s a good point idea
- That's just what I was thinking

Expression of Disagreement
Ungkapan untuk menyatakan ketidaksetujuan :
- I disagree....
- I don't agree ....
- You are right, but …
- I doubt with that
- I can't agree with you
- That’s good idea, but …
- I don't think so, at all
- You can't be serious.
- I completely disagree with you
- That’s totally unacceptable
- I have a different opinion with you

Example :
Dialog 1 (agreement)

Dona : Our class is so dirty and trash is everywhere. It will disturb us when we are studying.
Santi : Why don’t we clean our classroom?
Dona : That’s what I think. Let’s do it.
Santi : Okay.

Dialog 2

Roy   : I think it will be nice to go camping this holiday.
            (saya rasa akan menyenangkan pergi berkemah liburan ini)
Dion : I have a different opinion with you. I want to go to my grandmother’s house.
            (saya tidak sependapat denganmu. Saya ingin pergi ke rumah nenekku)

Dialog 3 (disagreement)

Tino : Lina, next week is my girlfriend’s birthday. What do you think I should give her as a gift?
           (Lina, minggu depan adalah ulang tahun pacar saya. Menurut kamu hadiah apa yang
           sebaiknya saya berikan padanya?)
Lina : How if you give her a bag?
           (Bagaimana jika kamu memberinya sebuah tas?)
Tino : I don’t think it is a good idea, because she have many expensive bags.
           (Saya rasa itu bukan ide yang bagus, karena dia punya banyak tas mahal.)

Pada saat kita ingin mengungkapkan tidak setuju dengan kata "disagree" tidak perlu
menggunakan kata "don't".
 
Contoh:
I disagree with your opinion = I don't agree with your opinion.
(Saya tidak setuju dengan pendapatmu.)
Kalimat yang salah adalah: I don't disagree with your opinion.

Exercise
Dialog 1
Anna  : I think that it will be great if we spend our holiday in the beach.
Lani   : What a great idea! ____________________________
Dona  : I don’t think so, there will be so many people there.
Anna  : Yeah I know, but December would be a good month for spending time together.
Lani   : What about making events in my house? We can arrange many activities together freely.
Dona  : ________________ There is a wide garden in your house, isn’t there?
Anna  : I'd go along with that, but we must prepare it together well from now.
Lani   : Ok I’m on your side.
Dona  : __________________

Dialog 2
John   : Reno, what do you think about this movie?
Reno  : I think this movie is really good.
John   : ______________ This movie is so boring that I sleep while watching it.
             The plot is flat and there is not any suspense in the story. I like watching film
             but this time ________________

Pilihan jawaban :
A. I disagree with you.
B. I don’t think so.
C. I am of the same opinion.
D. That is a good idea.
E. I couldn’t agree more.

Demikian penjelasan lengkap expressing agreement and disagreement; meliputi pengertian,
expression of agreement and disagreement disertai contoh percakapannya. Terus belajar ya.
Semoga materi ini dapat menambah pengetahuan kita semua.

Assalamualaikum warrahmatullahi wabarrakatuh.

2 comments:

Contoh sambutan wali murid dalam acara wisuda TK Masyitoh Pijenan

Berikut ini adalah contoh sambutan wali murid yang saya sampaikan dalam acara wisuda TK anak saya di TK Masyitoh Pijenan Bantul. Assalamu’al...